Pages

Friday 16 September 2011

Owie

I tweaked my calf muscles while I did the Davina Body Buff DVD on Wednesday. On Thursday I forced myself to do a fartlek session at my running club which was difficult due to my painful and stiff calves. I really felt the DOMS this morning and have been hobbling around all day. I was resolving to get a foam roller ASAP when I remembered the advice I received from Every Day's A Picnic blogger Sarah that she's used a rolling pin in the past. I used my rolling pin and it was painful but I've loosened my left calf and it's a lot less painful. My right calf is still painful and a little stiff so I'm going to have another go later on.

I'm helping out with my local parkrun as a tail runner tomorrow. I'm going to be running behind the last person to make sure no-one gets lost or left behind, so I hope I don't bugger my calves up all over again. Hopefully it'll be an easy run.

1 comment: