Pages

Saturday 11 August 2012

Get What You Give







Did I mention I'm doing Newcastle Stampede on October 14th?  I don't think I did.  It's a cross-country run with obstacles, which mainly involve lots of mud, in aid of British Heart Foundation. The obstacles involve jumping muddy ditches, crawling under wires (in the mud), muddy tunnels.  You get the picture - mud.

There is some doubt as to whether or not the length of the course has actually been 10k, and some people I know who've done it have found themselves able to complete it quicker (with obstacles, remember) than they can run a 10k race (sans obstacles).  I hope they sort the course out this year.

I'm going to train as if I were training for a 10k race using a training plan for an intermediate runner (even though I haven't run since early May. Ahem) and add in some strength work which will improve my core and upper body strength.

Carbs: about 200
Exercise: 4 hours gardening (yes it IS exercise)
30 minutes at gym doing new workout

No comments:

Post a Comment