Pages

Sunday 12 August 2012

Patience


I started Rose Elliot's Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet today. In the book you're made aware that some people feel lethargic and suffer from headaches during the first few days.  Boy do I feel lethargic, and boy do I have a headache. It could be due to what I have(n't) eaten today, or it could be due to the fact that I haven't had any coffee or diet coke at all today because caffeine is banned during Phase 1.

I usually drink a fair amount of coffee, as I start the day with a cup of black coffee and sometimes grab a soy latte on my commute.  Then it's a cup before I start work and a cup around 3pm.  On a bad day, when I'm stressed (or bored) at work I have a few more cups, and a 500ml bottle of diet coke at lunchtime. So to go without caffeine for me is a novel experience, and I felt very sleepy and tired during my run this morning. It felt like I was running through mud, and I wasn't even out of breath. I just need to go slow, take my time and let my body adjust.  Tomorrow I hope to do a 2-mile run.

Thank god I can fill the coffee gap with Rooibos and Choco Aztec Yogi Tea.   I'm not going to lie and say it tastes great and is totally a replacement for hot chocolate, because it's not, it has a mild sweet/bitter taste of chocolate that is quite 'thin' with a hint of spice, but it's gentle and a great way to round off a meal.

And I hate it when people say 'X is totally like Y only healthier/without the fat/half the calories'.  It's really not!

Exercise
Body Balance class
1.5 mile run (which was tough)

Food

Breakfast
3 eggs, butter and a tablespoon of cream (no seriously)
1 vegetarian sausage
1/2 tomato

Lunch
Goats cheese, chicory and pecan salad with home-made vinaigrette

Dinner
Asparagus Quiche (which had no pastry. See rant above)
Cooked Spinach

Snack
1/2 avocado with vinaigrette

Approx total carbs: 15.9

Weight
Never you mind

No comments:

Post a Comment