Pages

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Grounds for a Divorce



Today I did a hill run at level 8 speed 6.5mph for 30 minutes.

I got this song almost as soon as it came out. I didn't add this song to my gym playlist for a long time, even though I felt it could be a good addition. Sort of a story, lots of guitar, lots of drums, good contrast between the singer and that guitar riff - everything I like in a song. However I felt at first it wasn't fast enough. I wasn't sure if the slow speed would irritate me while running. I generally need something a little more upbeat tempo-wise.

I added it the other day. I was running, my mind drifting, but when the guitar riff kicked in and it got to the bit where in the video everyone starts banging drumsticks and glasses down I wanted to kick of my shoes, turn to the road and zoom run with my chest out and my arms pumping gasping for air until I reach Scotland like I felt when I was a child.

This is why I run.

No comments:

Post a Comment