Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Ambling Alp



About a year ago I was getting a lift home with a few colleagues when this song came on. It blew me away, I loved it. And I was introduced to the genius that is Yeasayer and a song which is named after an Italian heavyweight boxer Primo 'Ambling Alp' Carnera, references the German heavyweight boxer Max Schmelling, and American heavyweight boxer Joe Louis's fights with them which came to symbolise the fight against fascism, although Schmelling wasn't a Nazi and emigrated to the US. It went straight on my gym playlist.

So today I did cross-training. 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes cycling.

I've heard about a 5k on the 15th which I'm going to enter to see if I can break 24:30 to gauge how well I've progressed on my aim to run the 10k in 50 minutes. I'm feeling confident, to be honest.


No comments:

Post a Comment