Pages

Thursday 5 May 2011

Ride



I need to stop whining and finding excuses for why I can't run. Today the reasons were: I forgot a second hairtie and couldn't tie my hair in a bun so it was left in a pony tail to flop around my neck and drip sweat down my back and irritate me, the almost-new earphones on my iPod shuffle broke the other day so I had to use my normal headphones and couldn't use the special toggle on my special iPod headphones to adjust the volume or skip tracks, I'd quickly bought some new running shorts and when I wore them today I realised they were far too short for my fat legs, a colleague got back from holiday so we all caught up on the gossip and the situation at work pissed me off all over again.

So what I'm trying to say is I failed to run a proper Race Pace Thursday again. I'm beginning to seriously doubt if I can manage the 10K in 50 minutes or even an hour. You know what's the most irritating? I started running 7.5mph on the treadmill, dropped to 7, then dropped to 6.5mph after I was finding it hard to breathe. And I still couldn't do it. I had to stop at 2 miles (instead of the planned 3) . And only the other day I had comfortably done 4 miles on the hill programme on the treadmill at... 6.5mph. So today I failed to do something easier than I did on Monday.

I have no idea what to do. Part of my thinks I should aim at a sub-55 minute 10K, part of me thinks I shouldn't be discouraged and still aim for the sub-50 minute 10K, or simply train for it and take what comes on the day.

I've signed up for a 5K a week on Sunday. A couple of us are running together and aiming for a sub-24 5K, so whatever happens I'm going to try to keep up.

No comments:

Post a Comment