Pages

Tuesday 10 May 2011

Walking on the Sun



I mentioned in my last post that a song by Amr Diab had started my gym sessions for what seemed like forever so I offered up the song and its video in all it's cheesy mid-nineties habibi pop glory to the gods of my iPod. It worked! Smash Mouth started this one and I was instantly transported back to being at secondary school. Looong time ago now.

Anyway, today I did a hill run at 6.5mph for 35 minutes. It wasn't that hard at all, but then I wasn't pushing myself either.

I've agreed to go to the gym with some colleagues tomorrow and do a fitness test. The easy level involves running 2 miles in 20 minutes 30 seconds, 17 push-ups within 2 minutes, and 45 minutes in 2 minutes. I could do the run easy-peasy since it's no faster than a slow jog, but like most runners I have zero upper body strength and haven't done a sit up in yonks. I could also do the elite test, which is 50 push ups in 2 minutes, 82 sit-ups in 2 minutes, and 2 miles in 15 minutes and 48 seconds.

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow. :)

Oh, I keep getting aches after running in my leg muscles - one developed in my right ham-string after today's run - so I'm thinking about getting a foam roller to use for stretching. I know I've had the princely sum of 2 comments, but if anyone sees this post and has used a foam roller could they let me know what they thought of it?

2 comments:

  1. I've not used a foam roller, but when I was having problems with my IT band my chiropractor recommended massaging it with a rolling pin, remote control or something similar - maybe that would work for your hamstrings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll try that - good suggestion.

    ReplyDelete